Monday 9 January 2012

The Liebster Award



Good evening readers!  Well, what do you say?  I am rather chuffed to have been presented with the Liebster Blog Award by Rosalie at http://tearosesmusings.blogspot.com which is a bit nice!  The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to spread the love from one small blog (those with under 200 followers) to other small blogs. This helps to spread awareness and readership.  I also hope it provides encouragement, because sometimes truly wonderful bloggers can be slightly disheartened if there are not many people reading (others are happy this way. I am in the mysterious third character - not sure how many read, but I blog like the Dickens regardless), and this is a lovely way to say "I love what you write!"


Liebster, in German, means  'dearest' and so, in keeping with the Liebster Award  tradition I am going to pass on this award to 5 blogs that I enjoy. Blogs that have inspired me and made me think about the lives of others. Blogs that have entertained me and, I feel, will be of interest to all of you.


To accept the award you must:
1) Link back to the person who gave it and thank them for thinking of you.
2) Post the award to your blog.
3) Give the award to 5 bloggers  ( with less than 200 followers ) that you appreciate and value.
4) Leave a comment on the blogs of the five people you have chosen, to let them know.


Before launching into my Glittering Ceremony of Blogland, I say a hearty "TA, YOU'RE AWESOME!" to Rosalie, who gave me my Liebster (odd, if you read that as "gave me my dearest"...).  You can follow her at @tearose68, and her blog is full of interesting things - stories, vignettes, freewriting experiments & words games.  Who knew so much variety could be packed into a blog?  I didn't.


My favourite types of blog are ones which deal with honesty (either poetically or straightforwardly), or ones which are whimsical, either with nuggets of creative writing or demonstrations of creative work (photos/art).  Either way, I love wit & loveliness.  These people have it in spades.


Right - so - here, in no particular order, are the five blogs onto which I heartily slap a Liebster (that sounds wrong as well, but not, this time, through translation)!


1) Claire, at http://tactless-blonde.blogspot.com/ whose blog is full of wit, honesty and entertaining vignettes into her life.  I love her writing, it's like receiving postcards from a favourite witty friend, and it's not necessarily from holiday either.  I wonder why people don't send postcards regardless of circumstance?


2) Diane Marie, at http://ohlittlecloud.blogspot.com whose blog I can only describe as beautifully poetic.  There are posts that I have read & then forgotten where I was because I was engrossed in the pictures painted here.


3)  Max, at http://allinafunk.tumblr.com/ Max is a lovely bloke.  His blog contains photos of things found while out & about, or lovely views, or photos seen & liked, and also contains moments of honesty.


4) Kai, at http://pawmonster.blogspot.com is someone whose tweets & blogs I look forward to.  This blog is full of creativity & photos, and she also uses it to demonstrate ideas & techniques that she's experimenting/playing around with.


5) Rachael, my sister, at http://lookingdownthepath.blogspot.com.  My sister does not get chance to blog much, being the mother of a nearly-one-year-old alongside her husband (who is the father of said nearly-one-year-old, and not also a mother as my sentence implied) & a student of creative writing.  Study and family time come first.  But her way with words is a treat, and perhaps her blogging opportunities will become more probable in time.


So there we have it.  These are the five blogs which I recommend.  Hope you enjoy them, hope you enjoy mine, and again, thank you Rosalie for giving me a Liebster.  I'm a-smilin'.


Til next time, folks.
John.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment