Monday 25 February 2013

Day One...


  Happy Monday, Blogwatchers!

  On Saturday, we went to Tremolo Studios in Silverdale, Staffordshire, to begin our debut record.  Everyone was shattered, as the night before we played our debut headline show at Bad Edit venue in Burslem.  (It was such an amazing night, thank you if you were there and enjoyed our set - there was dancing, good-natured shouting, and we enjoyed every single song.  I woke up on Saturday morning stiff of leg after a very boisterous night, it's safe to say I was highly elated, as were we all!)

  Being in the studio was an amazing process.  As I wrote this in my notebook, I was listening to the rough mixes of the day's work.  We recorded bass, drums and guitar tracks for three tracks, and then recorded proper vocal tracks for the one of those three, including harmonies.  The other two songs have guide vocal tracks, which were made during the drums and bass takes for Paul and Angela to follow.  For those takes, Paul, Angela and I essentially played live, with my guitar and vocals done as guides, and then my guitar and vocals got replaced with proper, polished takes.

  We've set a high standard, I think, both musically and personally.  One song, 'Don't Tell The Folks Back Home' had their tracks recorded in one take, and the work we did on all three songs was pretty swift, good-natured, and accurate.  And laughing - so much laughing.  We are a jolly band.  We're back in next week to do the vocal takes for the other two songs, and add more detail to everything, and then a month later to get more basic tracks done for the rest of the record.  Dan Rowley, who runs the studio, is a great guy and it's an absolute joy to work with him, I'm really enjoying this.

  The really hard thing is going to be keeping a lid on all this work until it's ready to be released, because we're so excited about it, it's sounding amazing already.  I've never been so excited!  I can tell that the record does have a title, and a set structure, but you'll have to wait to find out what it is!

Have a lovely week everyone, stay happy!
Love,
John xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment